Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Survived the plumbing

Going 0 for 4 with plumbers answering phones or returning my calls, I collected my tools and a mask and climbed into the crawl space. The joint I had to fix was --like everything else on the projewct--more difficult than expected, because it was between a joist and other joint for a another plumbing line. No room to cut or sit, leaning at a 30-degree angle for 45 mintes with mushrooms all around me, a mosquito in my ear and not-long enough extentison cord that only get a light to within eight feet so that I could barely see what I was doing, sitting on wet, moldy fiberglass, leaning against a wet masonry wall **somehow** managed to cut the three pipes and jamb in a new fitting.

I was not looking forward to doing this for a good reason. It sucked! I'm not absolutely positive I gave enough pipe into the fitting for a real secure fit, but I had little to spare and it didn't leak when I turned the water on. (I turned it off again before I left because I want to leave it on while I'm there and check for leaks at the end of the day. Several other fittings under there have been replaced in the past. It's a good bet thet most of the remaining ones will fail sooner or later.

So, with today's taks, finsihing the staining of the front deck, finish building the railing of the back deck (which still needs a stairs), there's really just a few odds and ends and possibly the appliances. The front of the dishwasher does not reverse, Karen)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home