Sunday, August 27, 2006

Some updated pictures







Some progress pictures, if only to remind myself that I am making progress.

1. This first one is an indication of the coverage problems. This was medium blue trim and this is what it looks like after the second coat of primer (one coat of which is supposed to hide the color). It's still blue. Even after the first coat of high-quality white paint, the blue still peeks through if you look closely. For high-profile areas, I've had to add a fourth coat and even then it could us another. Annoying and extremely time-consuming.

2. The second picture is of the new threshold. You can't see much, but it isn't rotten and that's the main point. The camera in the cell takes very basic pictures, so these aren't great.

3. The kitchen is still a work zone, so it's cluttered and only done from the waist up, but this is what it looks like. I reattached the original handles and hinges after painting because they worked better now that before! I coul still replace them if consensus dictates, but personally, I like them. They are pretty basic.

4. The back deck no longer has a tress stump in it and the hole has been covered. I had to build the framing under it and discovered that the left side was higher than the right, but to fix it would probably not be possible or feasible, so it slopes.

5. The girl's bedroom, which has been a major hassle of the cerilian teal, bananna peel and unnamed purple (I found the paint cans) painted daisies and butterflies. It is now general public beige and white! The ceiling has caused another problem, causing me to needto paint it, when I'd hope I could avoid it. I thought this room would be simple, but like everything else, not. The original picture is here for comparision.


At this point the majority of the paint is done. Bathrooms still need it as do the outside first floor windows (The second floor is staying putple unless it really stands out. I'm just not getting 20 feet up on ladders.) The high heat abd humidity have limited my time outdoors as well as upstairs and his week could present a hurrican problem, but there's still lots to do inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home