Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Progess and setbacks

A sick cat and a muffler that fell off in traffic have set me back that last two days, but the kitchen (and hallway) is *almost* painted. Then the there's a the countertop and floor. Obviously my original three-week estimate was extremely opimistic. I'll be very lucky to get this done by September 1.

The driveway is done, though the two loads of crushed stone didn't go as far as I'd hoped. At least prostects won't lose a wheel on the property.

2 Comments:

At 8/11/2006 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Rick said...

OKay. Though I do see some progress, I see more work ahead than behind. Painting trim is a real time-consuming drag, especially 3-4 coats.

Right now I'm in a pretty low state of mind. I'm dealing not only with Squeaky's intestinal problems but my own as well. It's gotten worse all week and I'm taking a sick day today.

One the bright side, the kitchen is starting to show it's promis. Painting is mostly done and I got most of the hardware back on the cabinets. I re-used he original black hardward, bceause it went very well with the white cabinets. I did spray paint them. My cell phone died yesterday or I'd have a picture up.

 
At 8/17/2006 10:47:00 PM, Blogger Rick said...

Thanks, Karen

See my crawlspace report! The A/C works, but is damaged. Some rroms are cool, others less so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home