Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday Night Update

Every day this week was 95 or hotter (100 both Wednesday and Thursday, 98 today) and high humidity. Even in the A/C I sweat profusely all week and all I did was paint! It's still work, and any work this week was tough going. I figure out soaked 15 T-shirts this week!

The kitchen trim and cabinets are *almost* painted. The dark green has proven extremely difficult to cover and requires four coats. Trim is slow going anyway, so the progess has been excutiatingly slow. High quality primer and paint made little difference, and I still have five more windows and doors of that color (or burgundy). It's literally been 50 hours of painting, so I know there will be a least another week of it.

I brought room A/C unit from home so I could spot prime the butterfilies and daisies in the upstairs room in something less that 100-degree heat. (I needed a break from the kitchen.) At 5000 BTU, it barely made a dent. After four hours, it barely got the temperature down to about 90. It should do a little better from now on, but I need to find a HVAC company that isn't overwhelmed to fix the central unit. Those butterflies and daisies, too, required three coats of primer just so I could paint over them!

When I get the cabinet doors and drawers back up in the kitchen, I'll take a picture. It's already three times brighter in there. When I get a new floor and countertop, it will be a very nice kitchen.

Ray the Landscaper didn't show today, so hopefully he'll show up on Monday. He didn't make a firm comittment for today, so that's okay. If he skipped it because of the heat, I can't blame him. He's in his late 60s or early 70s.

To date, I've spent about about $1600 (including my labor rate), I've logged more than 800 miles, and 90 hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home